- This event has passed.
An introduction to Open Research
2017/03/17 @ 14:00 - 16:00
The concept of ‘open research’ has made a significant impact on scholarly activities, with funding councils, government and publishers increasingly placing a focus on research that is transparent, accountable, and accessible to a worldwide audience.
Current expectations in this area centre around Open Access to scholarly outputs and Research Data Management. This workshop will provide an introductory overview and will cover:
- How open research can impact on each stage of the research lifecycle
- The benefits of Open Access and how to comply with requirements
- The importance of the Data Management Plan (DMP) in meeting funder requirements
- How to publish underlying research data and cite it via a Data Access Statement
- Balancing openness with the need to capitalise on research findings
This workshop is aimed at early career and postgraduate researchers who wish to learn more about Open Access and Research Data Management and how the new requirements and opportunities may impact on their daily research activities.